Thank you to those who attended our Town Hall Meeting last evening, the following is a summary of what was shared regarding the current status of our building project. The elders believe that the entire Grace Beyond building project is the master plan that God desires for our church community. Rather than changing the scope of the project, the elders believe that our current level of pledging should influence the timing. The elders continue to seek the Lord about moving forward in phases beginning this summer.
- Construction on the prayer garden and the students' space will begin in August 2015.
- This phase will be completely funded with current Grace Beyond funds and pledge fulfillment.
- We will continue to worship at Calvary during Phase One.
The elders will spend considerable time praying about which of the following options the church will pursue, and will probably not reach a decision until Fall 2015. Construction on one of the options is planned for April 2016, at which time we will move our Sunday morning worship services to Calvin College for the length of construction.
- Option A
- Renovate sanctuary, build “Main Street” and complete the first phase of the children’s ministry area. This option would mean we would not build the new community space or the children’s ministry space housed below it at this time.
- Option B
- Complete remainder of the Grace Beyond master plan.
Because the elders are planning to move forward with the Grace Beyond project in phases, we need those who pledged to begin to fulfill pledges. The 36-month pledge fulfillment period is slated from April 2015-April 2018. If you are ready to begin fulfilling your pledge, more information about how to give is available on gracebeyond.org.
If you would still like to pledge, pledge cards are available at the Information Center or online.
If you have any questions about the Town Hall Meeting or Grace Beyond, please contact the elders directly at .