God has already designed a place specifically for you here at Calvary! God will work through you in a unique way to encourage, bless and minister to others in our church family.
Discovery is an intentional process that encourages:
• A consistent pattern of spiritual growth
• Using, recognizing and developing your spiritual gifts
• Engaging in Calvary Community through participation or serving in our church family.
How do I find out what my spiritual gift is?
- Pray and ask the Lord to show you. “Lord, what do YOU want to do through me?”
- Pray about and reflect on “What do I find fulfillment in doing?”
- Pray and ask others “What spiritual gift do you recognize in me?”
- Begin serving in an area in which you sense an interest. Do you sense the Spirit enabling or energizing you? Do you feel motivated or inspired to do more in this area of service? If yes, let the Spirit continue to work through you as you serve and enjoy the teamwork! If no, try another area of serving…there is no limit to how many different areas you may want to try as you patiently persevere in putting your spiritual gifts into practice!
- For more guidance in discovering your spiritual gifts please consider going through Calvary’s Discovery Program.
The Discovery Program consists of:
- Taking home a Discovery Packet and completing the two surveys – about 1 hour.
- Calling Calvary and speaking with Elaine to set up an appointment with one of our Discovery Facilitators.
- Enjoying a prayerful, interactive and informative 2-hour meeting where you will receive Biblically based guidance and prayerful encouragement as you consider where God wants you to grow and serve.
“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.” (1 Peter 4:10-11 NLT)