Community Group Leader Job Description
For more information about becoming a leader, contact .
A Community Group Leader provides guidance and structure to their group. The leader's responsibilities include providing care, guidance and encouragement to group members and fostering an environment of genuine friendship and spiritual growth. Leaders also need to ensure that the group is meeting together regularly, praying together, growing together in God's Word, and caring for one another.
A Community Group leader should:
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and be honoring the Lord with their life in a way that they model their walk with Christ. (Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ. I Corinthians 11:1)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have the time, emotional capacity and moral discernment to lead a group
- Must be a member, or in the process of becoming a member, of Calvary Church
- Facilitate bi-weekly group meetings and promote participation among group members
- Pray regularly for each group member
- Engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Identify and develop potential leaders
- Coordinate prayer for group members who are in need
- Meet quarterly with your Shepherd
- Report any changes in roster through the Leader Toolbox or