Middle School Ministry
Calvary's Middle School Ministry (Fifth to Eighth Grade) strives to connect students to Jesus and to each other. We highly value creating an environment that is safe and enjoyable for all students. We teach biblical truths in creative ways and strive to point students toward a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Middle School Events:
All are welcome - whether you regularly attend Middle School Ministry or not, we’d love to meet you!
- Girl/Guy Night Out January 18 | 6:00-8:00pm | Cost $5Sometimes you need an evening with just your girlfriends or guy friends. Guy/Girl Night is a chance to do just that. Guys and girls will meet in separate locations to spend an evening together in community. More details to come! Register at mycalvarygr.org.
- Game Night January 23 | 6:30-8:30pm | Room 108Join us during our normal programming time for an evening of fun and games. Invite your friends! No registration required.
- Big Splash February 23 | 12:00-3:00pm | $5 | Calvin College Spoelof Fieldhouse (3195 Knight Way Southeast)Are you ready for summer yet?! Come join us as we swim and play like it's summer time! But a pizza party first! Register at mycalvarygr.org by February 21.
- Amazing Escape| May 10| 7:00-9:00pm| Room 108 (Entrance E)| Free| Sharpen your detective skills and join us for this mystery escape challenge throughout the church building. Students will work in teams to unlock clues and finish special challenges in order to make their escape before the building locks up! Register at mycalvarygr.org by May 9.
Middle School 78 (For Students Who Are in Seventh & Eighth Grade)
- Small Group Night Out
January 23 | 6:30pm-8:30pm
Small group Nights Out are a great opportunity for small groups top get off campus and build community with one another. Be on the lookout for more details from your small group leaders.
- Snow Day
February 15 | 6:00-9:00pm | $15 | Cannonsburg Ski 6800 Cannonsburg Rd
Grab your snow pants and meet us for an evening of snow tubing! Optional: Bring $ for concessions. Register through February 14 at mycalvarygr.org.
- Spring Retreat: Believe Conference| April 26 at 5pm - April 27 at 5pm| Cost: $65| Believe is a high-energy weekend event in Holland. We will spend a night at a hotel and attend Believe, a conference structured specially for middle school students and packed with powerful worship and teaching from the God's Word. This year's theme is identity, and we will be exploring the questions, "Who am I?" Register at mycalvarygr.org by March 31 and save $10.
For Students 5th-8th
- Supper Club| Second Wednesday of the Month| 5:15-6:00pm| Gathering Place
Once a month we will gather together as friends for Wednesday Fellowship Dinner. Grab your dinner from the buffet line and meet us in our designated meeting area! Cost: $5, no need to register.
- 3 Mile Project
March 23| 1:00-4:00pm| 3050 Walkent Dr NW| Cost: $5
Register at mycalvarygr.org by March 22.
Invite a friend and join us for an afternoon for zany fun! Whether you want to take a ninja course, shoot some hoops or play video games, we'll have the entire facility to ourselves. Optional: Bring $ for concessions.
When We Meet During the School Year:
Begins Jan. 6, 2019
Begins Jan. 9, 2019
||10:45am in Room 108||6:30-8:00pm
in Room 108
||10:45am in Room 208||
High School Ministry
Calvary's High School Ministry (Ninth to Twelfth Grade) invites you to join them... because we're in this thing together. It's what we want, it's what we need, it's what we crave. We are not meant to go through this life alone - and especially not to go through the spiritual life alone. We need each other. So what do you say? Will you join us.
Check out the United Facebook group too.
High School Events:
All are welcome - whether you regularly attend High School Ministry or not, we’d love to meet you!
High School (For Students Who are in 9th-12th Grade Unless Otherwise Stated)
- Overtime: Sundays Following United|8:00-9:00pm| Room 208| Overtime is intentional extra community-building time at the conclusion of UNITED
- Halftime: Resumes Jan. 9, 2019| Wednesdays 3:30-5:00pm| Gathering Place
At Halftime, we reconnect and refresh with friends midweek to enjoy fun games & activities as well as well as to engage in relevant disscussion led by a different guest from Calvary Church each week. Halftime truly is a great way to connect to one another and the larger church! No need to register, just show up!
- Guys/Girls' Night
March 15 | 6:00-9:00pm
Guys/Girls nights are low-key and semi-spontaneous times for high school students to hang out. These events are designed to be fun, memorable, and ideal for inviting friends who don't attend church. Some will be combined, others will be specific for girls and guys individually. Each month, we will send out an email and post to Facebook and Instagram (united.calvarygr) with the specifics of the upcoming Guys/Girls' Night.
- Craig's Cruisers
February 15| 6:00-8:00pm | $15 | 5730 Clyde Park SW, Wyoming Pizza buffet, laser tag, go karts and more... Do we need to say anything else? Craig's Cruisers is one of our favorite high school events, so come and join us for a night that's sure to be a blast! Register at mycalvarygr.org.
- Winter Retreat
February 1 5:30pm- February 3 12:15pm | Gull Lake Ministries | $100 ($75 before January 15)Come and "chill" with us at this years Winter Retreat as we return to Gull Lake Ministries for a refreshing weekend full of fun, games, deepening community, and opportunities to be encouraged in our faith together. Register at mycalvarygr.org.
- Lost City & Captain Marvel Double Feature| March 9| 4:30pm-11:45pm*| $25| Meet/Pick-Up: Room 208|Register for both events by February 11 (so that we can reserve tickets for both events!)Join us as we travel to Holland for the day to play laser tag at the Lost City and watch Marvel Studios' latest release, "Captain Marvel." Cost covers both events and dinner. Space is limited. Register early! *Times subject to change slightly based upon movie show times!
- Retro Fun & Floats| April 26| 7:00-9:00pm| Patio Outside of 208| Do you like ice cream floats? Of course you do! Enjoy delicious root beer and soda floats on the patio, then stick around for games, activities, and attractions that are truly a blast from the past!
- MAWOG Late Night Party! May 17| 8:00pm-12:00am| Room 208| FREE| What is MAWOG, you ask? Come find out as we learn what it means to be Men and Women of God through an impactful- and short!- devotional, have a great time of worship, play FUN games, and finally, eat some late night grub together at Steak 'n Shake. Register at mycalvarygr.org by May 13 so that we can plan wisely.
Download an Application.
Follow along with our students at calvarygr.org/stmblog as they serve across the midwest this summer.