It is with grateful hearts that we introduce to you, our new sister in Christ, Priya. She was a Hindu, that Daniela had the privilege of introducing her to our Savior today. Daniela was able to go through the tract with her, to make sure she fully understood. Throughout the week, we have seen God at work, planting seeds from our group. Melinda had talked to her earlier in the week. I welcomed her to the family and asked her how she felt, her response... "Great". PRAISE THE LORD! She had a new smile on her face! Her journey begins! She hopes to attend Tain Bible Church and hopes her parents will come too! Our Team will come home praying for our sister, that her faith will continue to grow and grow!
It was a great day at VBS. I think we had 99 kids. Try and picture...99 Guyanese smiles. Words or pictures cannot express how precious these children are. It's a delight to hear them sing and yell out who their "Shepherd is". I think the leaders love to shout it out too! :) The kids seem to love craft time. Today they made sheep masks; just imagine 99 sheep running around! Crazy! It can only bring a smile to your face. It was fun watching Zach and then Sue trying to keep the "sheep" in the pen! The kids were trying to get out of the craft room before they were supposed to! Those kids kept their shepherds busy!
Tonight is our LAST crusade and we will be competing with a Hindu crusade! It's nice to know what we are up against and to know that God has already gone before us. Since we had a heads up, we walked around last night, after the crusade, and delivered tracts at some nearby homes. We found out quickly, there is no way to sneak up and leave the tracts quietly. Almost every home has a dog, so we are pretty sure they knew we were walking around! We dropped off a tract and then prayed for the homes. We will wait with anticipation and see what God does. God's got this: we are just the messengers!
- We have a new sister in Christ, Priya
- Everyone has felt well.
- Electricity has stayed on.
- Awesome team bonding.
- Zach and Josh gave God the glory in their teaching last night.
- Lisa and Maddie gave their testimonies. God was pleased to hear their story be told boldly.
- Brian and Austin will be giving their testimonies tonight, please pray that they can focus and be bold!
- Health of the team.
- Peace and strength as we say our goodbyes tomorrow.
- Tomorrow we will be offering the best gift ever.... I bet you can guess what that is!:) So please pray for Michael as he offers this gift, that the kids will understand what he is offering. Language barriers will be down.
- Tomorrow we will be leaving for Georgetown for our debrief. We will have a 2.5 hour bus ride. Please pray for safety and great time recapping our trip.
Glorify God from Guyana!, Kristie and the Team!