The following are the current health guidelines and expectations for Calvary Church attendees.
Updated: July 28, 2020
Includes UNITED (High School Ministry) & Y|A Weekly Gatherings, Funerals and Weddings
- While you are in the building, we expect you to wear a mask. We’ve chosen to do so out of love for one another, on the basis of Romans 14.
- In the Sanctuary, please sit in designated rows only as directed by the ushers.
- In the Sanctuary, please leave three empty seats between you and the next party in your row.
- At the conclusion of the Sunday worship service, ushers will be dismissing rows from back to front. Wait for your row to be dismissed and exit accordingly.
- Please maintain six feet of distance between you and other attendees while conversing. Avoid congregating in the aisles, so people may pass freely.
- Hand sanitizer is available and we encourage attendees to use it as they enter and exit spaces.
(Gatherings of 10 or less people)
- Masks are required when coming and going to indoor meetings, but may be removed during meetings if social distancing (6 feet of distance between individuals not residing in the same household) is taking place.
- Gathering sizes are limited at this time. Please contact your ministry leader for more details.
Seventh & Eighth Grade Guidelines for Small Gatherings (June 2020)
These are the guidelines that Calvary’s Seventh & Eighth Ministry Team will follow for all gatherings. Further information available on the 78 page.
- Indoor and outdoor gatherings, of 25 or less leaders and students permitted.
- Provide sanitizer before, during, and after gathering.
- Require masks to be worn indoors.
- Carefully consider how the gathering facilitates social interaction and consider how we may need to encourage social distancing during gathering.
- Require registration and encourage students who are not able to join, because the event is full, to register for another event. We will kindly and gently, require unregistered students who show up to arrange transportation back home.
- Do not transport students in church vans or personal vehicles. Staff must also refrain from traveling in the same vehicles.
- Carefully consider whether food is essential for gathering. If it is, food must be served by someone who first washes their hands, and then wears a mask and gloves while serving. Provide hand sanitizer for students.
- Encourage those who have contact with someone who is high-risk, or especially vulnerable to consider if they should participate.
- Require all volunteers and students who attend to review the following important questions before our gathering. If the answer is yes (within the last 14 days of the date we’re gathering), we kindly require your student does not participate.
- Have you had any of the following symptoms: Fever or chills, cough, shortness or breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you had contact with anyone who has demonstrated any of the above-mentioned symptoms, or disclosed to you that they were diagnosed with COVID-19?
Facilities Cleaning Procedures
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Facilities Team has been working hard to adapt procedures and adopt new tactics to ensure a safe environment for you and your family as you come back into the church building. In this short video, you’ll see a quick profile on our standard procedures for cleaning in this season.