We desire to partner with families to help nurture a love and understanding for God’s Word and its essential doctrines in order to lay a strong foundation for a lifetime of faith for the Glory of God.
Here at church, our strong foundation starts in our nursery and preschool classrooms where we use the Truth 78 curriculum A Sure Foundation. In these classrooms, children are prayed over as they learn simple truths about God and hear foundational Bible stories. Then as the children grow, we transition into The Gospel Story Curriculum that is used with older preschool through fourth-grade students. This curriculum is a three-year program comprising 156 lessons equally divided between Old and New Testament. Each lesson has a “Where is Jesus?” section to help children connect the Bible story to God’s greater plan of redemption. There is a companion Story Bible used with this curriculum as well as a family devotion resource.
Additionally, there is a Scripture Memory program!
Memorizing Scripture is one of the best ways to pass on the gospel to children. Join other Calvary Kids families in memorizing monthly Sword Bible passages that are perfect for the whole family!
Each card is divided into three sections which are labeled with different shapes:
- Circle: Kindergarten and First-grade students memorize the verse under the circle.
- Circle and Square: Second, third, and fourth graders memorize the verses under the circle and square.
- Circle, Square, and Triangle: CHALLENGE! Adults and kids who like challenges memorize ALL the verses on the card, verses under the circle, square, and triangle.
Children have the opportunity to earn pins that reflect a theme or main idea from each month’s Sword Bible passage. These unique pins are to be displayed on a lanyard that has been gifted to each child, providing a tangible reminder of the truth of God’s Word.
We encourage kids to wear their lanyards to Sunday School each week!
Please reach out to a Calvary Kids Staff Member or email Sara Tibbe with questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105
2022 Monthly Sword Bible Memory Passages
Reciting Bible Passages
Demonstrating memorization and mastery may look different for some children; here are a few ways children can demonstrate their memorization:
- Recite the passage to a Sunday morning volunteer.
- Complete a fill-in-the-blank verse quiz, provided by a teacher or helper.
- Record a video of a child (or all your children!) reciting the passage and email your video to email@example.com. We may play your family’s video during Large Group to encourage other children and teachers!
Families, please communicate with a Calvary Kids staff member if there is a different way for your child to demonstrate memorization. The staff wants ALL children to know the joy of hiding God’s Word in their hearts.