Missions & Outreach Contacts
Team Leader, Mercy & Missions
Assistant Director, Missions & Outreach
Ministry Assistant, Missions & Outreach
Ministry Assistant, Mercy & Missions
Requests Received in February 2020
Dave & Laura – Secure
- Praise that the plane finally arrived from America in a shipping container. This was a four year process to acquire, 40 days at sea, held up in customs, and now here!
- Pray as they reassemble it, do all the paperwork for it, and that it will be used by God across all of West Africa.
Jeremy & Joy – Secure
- Pray for wisdom in raising their three children in this nomadic way of life.
- For the team to stay healthy, unified, and equipped as they head out for longer camping trips.
- For balance in team life, ministry life, family life, and homeschooling.
- For access into new nomad camps.
Keith & Grace – Secure
- Pray for power at a conference that they’re attending, and that God would meet them with refreshment and vision.
- Praise that by the end of the year, the NOBO team will be done with all four books of the NT!
Marlene – Papua New Guinea
- Made it back with all eight bags! She thought she’d be taking twelve instruments back, but she has twenty-one.
- Praising God that they are giving her a bigger room, which she had prayed for. She now needs to raise money for sound proofing the room.
- Continue to pray as she’s gearing up for Port Moresby Music and Arts Theater performance of Flynn.
- Praise as she is also getting back to doing Bible studies with her PNG girls!
Tanner & Kelsey – Secure
- Praise for the healing of Kelsey after her gallbladder surgery. Having Tanner’s mom, Julie, was a great blessing.
- Pray that God would add more English students to the class.
- Pray for Tanner as he is taking over the leadership of the Center while the leaders get away for a month.
- Pray for their teammates who are joining them.
- Pray for the people Tanner and Kelsey are working with: one is about to give birth, and the other has cancer.
Denise – Ukraine
- She came back to the states to help move her dad into assisted living in Dec.
- Praise as they have purchased land to build a new church.
- Continue to pray for the organizing of youth activities, floorball, Bible studies, coffee house, etc.
- Pray for young moms to come to Jesus and to grow in faith.
- Praise that Denise has been serving in the Ukraine now for twenty-four years.
JP & Stephanie – France
- They were given the opportunity to do an Alpha course in the Catholic church, and have been asked to do it again!
- They’ve been leading worship in the Catholic Church in the evenings once a month, along with a sermon that presents the gospel to those who’ve never heard!
- As some accept, pray for their growth, especially as JP and Stephanie are looking to return on furlough soon.
- Pray for the church there to have wisdom on decisions for their vision, statement, and call!
Joanna – Russia
- Continued wisdom for how to answer students’ spiritual questions.
- For a new school building by June!
- For the children who heard about Jesus at the winter camp to accept Christ and to grow in their faith.
- Continue to pray for a former student who accepted Jesus before returning home to an unbelieving family.
Jonathan & Becky – Ireland
- Jonathan is teaching many seminars, speaking at conferences and churches, and editing online OT courses. Pray for his schedule and the family.
- Praise that funds were raised to allow them to stay in Ireland!
- Continue to pray for Ireland’s people to come to faith.
- For more workers to go into the harvest field, for IBI to mold students to go into the world with the gospel!
Andy & Kathleen – Guyana
- Since Christmas, already two teams from MI have come and gone to help with the building project.
- Praise God for the safety of travel and work, even in the hot humidity.
- So much was accomplished that it may be completed ahead of schedule!
Frank & Judy – Brazil
- Pray for their hearts as being on the field for so many years, they have had to sacrifice by only being grandparents via social media.
- They dedicated this last newsletter to their 6 grandchildren, since their ministry has always been to youth.
- Pray for their grandchildren who range in ages from 10-24 years old, to know and have a growing relationship with the Lord.
Jon & Kris – USA Immigrants
- The believers in East Asia are being faithful to proclaim Christ, even when beaten, expelled, and persecuted! Pray for them.
- Jon is taking a team with him in March to reach out to these people.
- Pray for extra funds needed for this trip, for safety, and for fourth soil believers to be found!
Manuel & Lidia – Mexico
- Praise as Christmas brought many to church who have never heard the gospel. Continue to pray that God would work to bring them to Himself!
- Twenty children are coming to Bible studies that are held outside, unless there is rain.
- Pedro, one of the believers, is sick with leukemia and too poor to pay for treatment. They are doing all they can to help him. – As of 2/18/2020, Pray for Pedro’s family as he has passed away. Praise God for Pedro’s testimony as a believer for three years.
- Three families from MI are coming to build a sports court that they are raising money for. Pray for the funds to come before they do.
Mike & Cher – Bolivia
- Praise for their new grand baby born Jan. 7th, with Cher able to be there to help.
- Unexpectedly being with family for the holidays was a delight. Now visiting supporting churches
- Praise that the Ese Ejja in the Eyiyoquibo village have built a church.
- Pray for a two year Bible Institute is starting the Riberalta village.
- Pray for the workers while Mike & Cher are gone.
- Pray for Mike’s widowed sister-in-law, suffering with aggressive cancer.
David & Flora
- Praise that the goal of raising $400,000 for the transmitter was raised by a Moody radio announcement!
- Continued protection over the recently installed transmitter reaching West Africa. Pray that many will be brought healing, hope, and salvation.
- Pray to have our hearts opened to the people around us.
- David has an eye condition, causing him to ask for vision physically and spiritually in 2020.