How will you invest your time and talents?
God has given each of us spiritual gifts, talents, and areas of passion, and He invites us to steward them well by serving His church and our broken world.
Whether it’s serving the local community through our Care Center; leading a small group for students or adults; greeting guests before a weekend service; or serving behind-the-scenes with our production teams, you can make a difference in the lives of others when you get plugged into a serving role you love. And you’ll make lasting friendships along the way. If you have any questions along the way, contact Rebekah Kennedy.
Steps to get Started:
- From the list below connect with the Coordinator of that area. We will meet with you about our volunteer opportunities & answer any questions you may have.
- If you already know where you want to serve, complete a Volunteer Application to apply for a position. We will notify you once it is processed.
- Welcome to the Team Email.
- Orientation of Role.
- Select Serving Assignments/Shifts.
- Start Serving!
Orientation of Calvary:
Once you receive your Welcome Email about starting to serve, your ministry will have some trainings set up to familiarize you with your new role. To help prepare you for your role as a volunteer, we wanted to provide you with some orientation information on Calvary. We hope the videos below will prepare you for this role and any role you may serve with Calvary in the future.
Needs of the Church
- Adopt a Room. Individual or group cleaning in the same area each week. Times and Days are available throughout the week.
- Office Detail Team. Pray for staff while detail cleaning their offices. Monday – Thursday in the evening.
- Carpet Spill Removal. Individual to use carpet machine to clean up spills and spots. Monday – Thursday, 8:30 – 3:00PM in 2 hour periods.
- Restroom Detail Team. Two person team to clean restrooms. Monday – Thursday mornings.
- Snow Removal Team. Assist on sidewalk snow removal choose one or two mornings a week.
- Grounds Equipment Care. Individual to do preventative care on lawn mowers and other grounds equipment on day a week, Monday – Thursday.
- Coordinator: Ken Meines
- Serve a group of kids birth – 5 years old.
- Coordinator: Zach Schmuck
First Impressions Volunteers
Warmly welcome & answer questions those that come to worship on Sunday morning.
Warmly welcome guests into the sanctuary. Assist guests to their seats.
- Coordinator: Rebekah Kennedy
Emergency Response Team
- This team includes security & medical support. A high level of observation is needed in order to maintain a safe worship environment. Additional certification may be required.
- Coordinator: Don Tuuri
Parking Lot Attendants
- Help direct traffic flow to provide order and safe entry to worshipers along with welcoming guests and alerting the safety team of any medical or security concerns.
- Coordinator: Ken Meines
- Pen Pals Needed! If you are looking for an opportunity to share the hope and love of Christ with those who are incarcerated, please consider joining our team. Register through MyCalvary for a brief training session on March 18th or contact Vida Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Embrace Grace, a program for single moms who have chosen life, has a number of flexible opportunities to encourage a new mom in need. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, click here. Or, if you would like to purchase an item for our baby shower celebration, click here.
Serve with one of our local partners:
- Alpha Grand Rapids: Has a need for Spanish-speaking volunteers, especially volunteers who would like to meet one-on-one with a mom or dad. Mentors and coaches lend a listening ear, encouragement, and support to the wonderful parents in our Step Up Program. Training is provided to make sure you feel fully equipped before starting this important role. If you speak Spanish and want more information about volunteering with AGR, click to here connect!
- Mission India: What’s ONE thing you can do for India’s children, right from your home? PRAY! Mission India is looking for 61 people to cover India’s children in prayer one person per day from March 1 through April 30! Sign up for the date of your choice. They will even send you a prayer guide! Get the details here.
Assist those of varied ages and abilities on Sunday Mornings. Additional serving opportunities are Prayer Warrior, Technical Support and Greeters.
- Coordinator: Judi Warner
Seventh & Eighth
- There are various needs within the 7th & 8th Ministry: Co-lead a small group, provide tech and sound support, facilitate worship, mentor a student, or host us for an event. 7th & 8th meets regularly on Wednesday evening & Sunday mornings. Events are also scheduled throughout the year.
- Coordinator: Ann Bagley
- In the high school ministry, our aim is to create a place for students to encounter Jesus, enjoy meaningful relationships with their peers, receive encouragement from older believers who are passionate about their faith, make memories that become defining moments, and embrace their place in the large church – all while having the most possible fun in community together. Leaders serve in youth group on Sundays 6:00-9:00PM. Volunteers are also encouraged to build relationships with students during events or organize hangout time with their small groups. We look forward to having you serve as a volunteer with the high school ministry or partnering with us in some other way.
- Coordinator: Josh Karhan
- Responsible for advancing video wall slides & moderating our online chat for service streamed online. Training & support will be provided. This position is for Sunday mornings.
- Coordinator: Mark Kotlarczyk
- Rehearsals for choir and orchestra are Wednesday evenings & Sunday mornings. The praise band rehearses on Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings. The team is asked to participate in both services on Sunday. There is an application, audition & short interview to participate.
- Coordinator: Christie Thompson